As I do my research, I stumbled upon Neil Patel’s write up about “7 Essential Ingredients Every SEO Campaign Needs”. The article which was posted early in 2014 has definitely reached many readers. However, I still would like to highlight the most interesting topic he mentioned – that is tactic number 2 – GIFOGRAPHICS.
Graphics Interchange Format or GIF is a collection of images that are compressed to lessen transfer time. The appropriate pronunciation of the GIF acronym is a soft “g” that sounds like JIF. Its rise in the World Wide Web is brought by other platform’s support and portability. Gifographics is a dynamic graphical representation of data. It is more appealing and interactive than the typical infographic illustration. It is given that images, rather than full-text content, greatly attract viewers, what more if it is associated with animations? Gifographics has the ability to convert a simple idea into something fun, interactive, and interesting.
Advantages of Gifographics
- A fun way to present numerical information
- Saves time with long explanations to viewers
- Entertaining way to educate or explain a complex thought
- Awesome marketing medium that can easily catch attention
- Builds a great brand impression
- Very shareable around the web and is a good doorway for social signals
Disadvantages of Gifographics
- Animation features may affect load times
- Content can be easily copied
- SEO may be affected as there’s no text to be optimized
Advantages outweigh the negative effects of utilizing Gifographics. Therefore, this type of image can still give you a unique approach in presenting ideas and can be a great medium for your online marketing campaigns.